Home Image-Pro Automation (Macros, Apps, Reports)

Using USER (WINDOWS) or IDENTITY (PREMIER) with a PREMIER REPORT . . .

All --

I am working with a customer who has 3 copies of PREMIER.  They currently ANNOTATE their IMAGES to include:

** EXPERIMENT INFORMATION
    ** ANALYSIS RESULTS
    ** CALIBRATION INFORMATION

They are interested in a REPORT to document their results in a more automated fashion..

They would like the REPORT to document all of the above and automatically document the person who CAPTURED and ANALYZED the image.

On 15-SEP-2015, YURI supplied the SetUserNameAsArtist (below) that would change IMAGE PROPERTY + ARTIST automatically to the IDENTITY (PREMIER) to allow the IDENTITY to overlaid on the image with the DISPLAY DATA TOOL. 

Public Sub SetUserNameAsArtist
        'use Active image
        Dim im As McImage=ThisApplication.ActiveImage
        If im Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
        'set user Name as Artist
        im.Artist=ThisApplication.ActiveIdentity.Name
    End Sub

The user vetoed that mechanism because it would have to manually be added to each new PREMIER USER'S CONFIGURATION.

Using SetUserNameAsArtist and adding ARTIST to the REPORT would give them the functionality they desire but still has the issue of requiring an active macro to be added to each user's PREMIER CONFIGURATION.

Is there a way to engineer a REPORT that all the USERS can share that contains an AUTOMATIC FIELD that would include the USER (WINDOWS) or IDENTITY (PREMIER) with a PREMIER REPORT without having to have a PREMIER MACRO?

Thanks.

-- Matt

Best Answers

Answers

• Pierre --

Thank you for the response and the reference.

I'll present this to the user and see if they want to wire this into the project.

Thanks again.

-- Matt

• Matt,

Note that you don't have to do all of what this post describes, you can just insert the code to assign the Artist value in the report itself, in the RefreshInput event for example.

Pierre
  • Pierre --

Super.

That is very helpful.

Can you tell me if the following would be accurate please . . .

If I follow the process you suggest and have the REPORT alter the ARTIST TAG within the IMAGE then the

IMAGE SIGNATURE

before the REPORT and AFTER the REPORT would be the same because it is only based on the PIXELS but the

FILE SIGNATURE

before the REPORT and AFTER the REPORT would be different because one of the IMAGE TAGS have changed.

TRUE?

FALSE?

Thanks.

-- Matt
  • Pierre --

Thank you for the confirmation.

I'll present this to the customer.

Thanks again.

-- Matt