Home Image-Pro Automation (Macros, Apps, Reports)
Options

TAB CONTROL BACKGROUND COLOR matches FORM COLORS in DESIGN MODE but not in EXECUTION MODE

All --

I'm working on a DIALOG BOX / FORM driven IPP9 APP.

Within the DIALOG BOX / FORM, I've placed several controls including the TAB CONTROL from the ALL WINDOWS FORMS section of the TOOLBOX.

While in the DESIGN MODE, the appearance of the TAB CONTROL is consistent with the other controls.  When the APP is running, the TAB CONTROL is a different color than the other controls in the APP.

I've made an example APP (attached in IPX file) and done a screen capture (attached in JPG file) that shows this behavior.

I've looked at the PROPERTIES of the TAB CONTROL and it seems that it lacks the BACKCOLOR PROPERTY that adjusts this for the other CONTROLS.

I've fiddled with the BACKCOLOR (and other PROPERTIES) for the individual pages and none of the combinations I tried resolved the issue.

Is there a reasonable way to make the TAB CONTROL match the rest of the DIALOG BOX when the APP is running?

Thanks.

-- Matt

Best Answer

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Matt,

Unfortunately the Microsoft tab control does not support transparency which causes the problem you are describing. It's not perfect but there is a way to improve things a bit by changing the background of your app itself to "ButtonFace" (on the System list of colors).

Once this is done the app and the tab control will have the same background.

Pierre

Answers

• Options
    All --

I forgot to mention . . .

IPP = 9.0.4
        WIN = WIN 7 PROFESSIONAL 64 BIT SERVICE PACK 1

Thanks.

-- Matt
  • Options
    Pierre --

Thanks for the information and advice.

I've implemented your suggestion and my dialog box now is consistent throughout.

Thanks again.

-- Matt
  • Options
    All --

Here is a JPG of the DESIGN and EXECUTE view of the dialog box with the BACKCOLOR of the APP set to BUTTON FACE per PIERRE'S advice.

-- Matt