Home Image-Pro General Discussions

LIF corrupt header

Hi everybody, I'm trying to open a Leica lif file in Image Pro Premier 64bit v. 9.1.4, but I get an error: "The set file Header is corrupt" with the error code -2076128472. The files open without any problem in LASX and ImageJ. Any idea, what's wrong here? Thanks and greetings from Germany, acanthicus

Answers

• Acanthicus --

I have two LIF FILES in my ARCHIVE: one from MEDIA CY and one from a CUSTOMER.

The one from MEDIA CY (M236-10.lif) is 380 MB and opens in PLUS and PREMIER.

The one from the CUSTOMER is 3.5 GB and will open in PLUS but will not open in PREMIER.

The ERROR that is displayed by PREMIER seems to be different then then one you have seen.

I have attached a copy of the ERROR displayed on my computer.

I hope this information helps lead to a solution to this issue.

-- Matt

• Hi acanthicus,
    I haven't seen your particular dataset, but we may have a hotfix that could address this. I'll contact you directly to see if it can resolve your problem.

Matt,
    Your issue does look like a separate one that I'm less optimistic would be addressed by the fix I have in mind. Are you at liberty to share the dataset that is exhibiting the problem? If so, I'll contact you directly as well to share a link to a location where it could be placed.

Best Regards,
    Andy
  • Andy --

Sorry for the slow response.

I'll check if there are any issues with getting you a copy of the large LIF FILE that PLUS opens but PREMIER does not.

I should have a YES or NO on this early this week.

Thanks.

-- Matt

• Andy --

I have permission to send you the LIF FILE that PLUS opens but PREMIER does not.

This file is 3.5 GB.

What is the best way to get this file to you?

Thanks.

-- Matt
  • Matt,
    Great! If you don't mind beating up your internet connection for a while - perhaps at the end of the day - I'll e-mail you a link to which you can upload the file.

Best Regards,
    Andy
  • Andy --

Per our e-mails, the (3.5 GB) LIF FILE that works with PLUS but not with PREMIER (9.1.4) is on its way by USPS.

Please let me know if I can assist further.

-- Matt