Home Image-Pro Automation (Macros, Apps, Reports)

Error during EXIT from IPP904 related to TEXTBOX within APP . . .

All --

After running an APP that I'm working on, sometimes when I shut down IPP904 I get the error shown in the attached JPG file.  I cannot seem to find the rhyme or reason behind when it appears and when it does not.

The APP itself does not throw any errors during LOAD or RUN.

The APP has 5 or 6 TEXTBOX controls within it and I don't see that the error references the specific TEXTBOX that is causing the problem.

What would be the best way to find (and eliminate) what is causing this intermittent error?

Thanks.

-- Matt

Answers

• Matt,

Is your code handling any kind of event coming from these controls? Also can you tell if the error happens if you make sure to close the app designer before closing Premier?

Pierre
  • Pierre --

There are three of the boxes that have

_TextChanged

routines defined for them.

It did just happen when I shut down IPP with the DESIGNER mode active but there are other things that are broken in the code right now.

I'll smooth out the rough edges in the code and see if the mode of DESIGNER causes IPP904 to error on EXIT.

I'll have that for you shortly.

-- Matt
  • Yuri --

I've run through some permutations and it seems that whether DESIGNER VIEW is activated or not at time of IPP904 EXIT, the error appears if the DESIGNER VIEW has been activated during that session of IPP904.

If I open IPP904 and stay in CODE VIEW the whole time, the error does not seem to appear whether the SCRIPTING WORKBENCH is OPEN or CLOSE or LOADED or EDITING at IPP904 EXIT.

Does this mean that the issue is outside my software and within IPP904 or do you think there is a rough spot someplace in my software?

Thanks.

-- Matt
  • Matt,

I am not seeing this behavior myself. So it could either be that it results from something coded in your app, or it is also possible that the problem is fixed in Premier 9.1. If it is possible for you to share an app that shows this behavior, I'll try to reproduce using your steps.

Thanks,

Pierre
  • Pierre --

Thank you for looking into this issue.

This is a fairly innocuous symptom of an issue that seems like it will not expose itself to an APP USER only an APP ENGINEER. 

Can we put this on STANDBY until I can clean up the APP / PROJECT to the point that I will not be embarrassed to have you looking under the hood?

Thanks.

-- Matt