Home Image-Pro Automation (Macros, Apps, Reports)

SCRIPTING WORKBENCH Issues with DELETE KEY, REFERENCES, TIMER, MACRO EXPLORER & PROPERTIES . . .

All --

While working on software within IPP904's SCRIPTING WORKBENCH, four things happen that slow things down.

They are:

1)  When I first start IPP904 and start working on a program, the DELETE KEY will delete the character to the right of the cursor.  After working with a program for a bit, the DELETE KEY will delete a character if it is SELECTED but not if the cursor is sitting to the left of the character.  The only way that I've found to resolve this is:

-- RESTART IPP9

Is there a better solution to this?

2)  The CONTEXT SENSITIVE mechanism that produces a menu of methods and properties for objects like

application.
    or
    excel.

when the "." is pressed seems to "forget" to work sometimes.  The ways I found to resolve this that I've found are:

-- REMOVE then REPLACE the appropriate REFERENCE
    or
    -- RESTART IPP9

Is there any other way to "remind" the WORKBENCH to do this?

3)  One other thing seems to be happening that is not malfunctioning but I'm wondering if there is a way to reconfigure . . .

My APP contains a TIMER.  The TIMER lives not within the FORM but within a PANE at the bottom of the DESIGN VIEW WINDOW for the VB FILE.  This PANE takes up VALUABLE SCREEN SPACE and is causing issues moving from the top to the bottom of my form. 

Is there a way to:

-- Hide this PANE
    or
    -- Place it at the RIGHT or LEFT side of the DESIGN VIEW WINDOW  because I have more WIDTH than I have HEIGHT on my monitor

4)  The DOCKING MECHANISM allows me to merge both the MACRO EXPLORER and PROPERTIES boxes within the SCRIPTING WORKBENCH into a TABBED WINDOW.  Unfortunately this layout is lost if IPP904 is RESTARTED.

Is there a way to make my preferred layout reappear after an IPP9 RESTART?

Thanks.

-- Matt

Best Answer

• Answer ✓
    Matt,

Thanks for the feedback. Here is the current status of your questions.
    1. As far as I can tell, this will be fixed in 9.1.
    2. This is vastly improved in 9.1.
    3. This is a standard Microsoft panel, which can be resized but not moved anywhere else.
    4. I'll enter a feature suggestion for this.
    Pierre

Answers