Home Image-Pro General Discussions
Options

Thresholding

Hello

I have images acquired using metamorph which saves them as 16bit images. When I view the files I have to use True Range which gives very good results, however, when I threshold it defaults back to 16bit rendering the features I'm trying to pick out invisible. The intensity is quite low around 500-800 max intensity. I can change the bit depth to 12 bit which helps a little but the features are still almost impossible to pick out accurately. Is there a way to force the Thresholding tool to keep the True Range settings and stop it from defaulting back to the original bit depth. I can't really go down to 8bit as that would clip the intensity data I'm trying to measure. Any suggestions would be great. I'm using Premier version 9.1.23 Build 5231. 

Regards

David 

Answers

• Options
    Hello David,

Thank you for reporting this problem. It will be fixed in the next patch (9.1.2).
    The problem affects threshold preview on monochrome images with adjusted LUT. As a workaround, to have visual feedback adjusting threshold, you can convert the image to Color 36/48 (direct copy) and use Mono interpretation in the Threshold Tool. 

Best regards,

Yuri
  • Options
    Thanks Yuri