Home Image-Pro Automation (Macros, Apps, Reports)
Options

Yuri, batch processing closing/saving files question

Yuri, I a working again with the macro you created for me to measure lung areas. I would like to set up batch processing with the files being saved and closed after the macro is run. Since the images are so large I am limited to running macros on about 10 files at a time. If it could be modified to close each file and save the data table I could do much larger runs. I unchecked the "display documents" for the batch processing and that does the trick for the processing and saving. But is there an easy way to then open the data tables for the images without opening the images (the images are large so one has to wait 15 -20 seconds for images to load and then click on data table to show the data)? The data table does not show any visible identification info that tells what file/image the table is for. I have not used data collector yet but would that feature pull that data and display it in a way that it is clear what image the data table is for.

Thanks

Ross Taliano

Best Answer

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Hi Ross,

Yes, you can use Data Collector to collect data from invisible images, it would be much faster then saving measurements table, especially if you setup data collector to collect only statistics (use "Measurements Stats" table) where only 1 row per image will be collected.

You should modify the LoopOn macro to handle invisible images passing doc as parameter (your macro can be more complex than this):
        Public Sub LoopOnInvisible(doc)
            With Measure.MeasurementsCommands.ExecuteCount(Nothing)
                .Run(doc)
            End With

With Measure.Data.CollectorCommands.Collect(Nothing)
                .Run(New List({doc}))
            End With
        End Sub

You should setup Data Collector, loading proper measurements list before running the batch or in the "Run Before" macro (you may check our media library http://www.mediacy.com/support/imagepro/media for tutorials how to setup Data Collector, the end of this video, from 9:35, https://youtu.be/Oxw9Xehntn8 shows how to setup collection of statistics only). Then run Batch processing with "Display Documents" off and "Close Documents" on:

Regards,

Yuri

Answers

• Options
    2019-05-15-134121

Ross --

I do not know the full description of your application but here is a thought . . . If your app is saving the DATA TABLE as an .IQM FILE, perhaps you could save the DATA TABLE (via EXPORT) as a TXT FILE.  You can have your APP name the TXT FILE to match the IMAGE FILE so the IMAGE and the DATA can be easily matched up.

I hope this information is helpful.

-- Matt

• Options

Thanks Matt and Yuri I will see if I can make it work. One more hopefully quick question. Is there a way to set the calibration for the batch processing or set a default that would be used. Long story short is that in the past the images we imported were VLI and had to be manually cropped and saved to get a file that could be processed easily and quickly. Now we have the computer science folks here create a program to do the cropping and file saving automatically and then we just import those images. The downside is that the calibration from the slide scanner is not being carried through so when the images are imported they are uncalibrated. I can easily manually create a calibration but how would I set that as the default. Yuri's macro works so well that the last thing I want to do is mess with it to try to include the calibration assignment in the macro itself.

-- Ross

• Options
    Hi Ross,

About auto-calibration: please check this post http://forums.mediacy.com/discussion/933/apply-calibration-to-a-set-of-images/p1
    It has AutoCalibrate.ipx attached. When you load this IPX to Image-Pro and define system calibration, it will be automatically applied to any new loaded images. No changes to your project is necessary.

Regards,

Yuri