Home Image-Pro General Discussions

Update Issue (Image-Pro 10.0.4) . . .

2019-05-30-151105

All --

I have had Image-Pro 10.0.4 on my PRIMARY DESKTOP COMPUTER for quite some time.

This afternoon I was working on a project, shut down Image-Pro (10.0.4) and all was normal.

A few minutes later I went to start working on a different project and when I started Image-Pro, I was presented with

I normally have the AUTOMATIC UPDATE CHECK OPTION turned OFF so this was a surprise.

When I shut down Image-Pro, I saw a CMD WINDOW and then I was shown the NO VALID PRODUCT INSTALLED / A NEWER VERSION OF THIS PRODUCT IS ALREADY PRESENT MESSAGE shown below.

The RECENT FILE LIST is empty and does not show the files I was working with just a couple of minutes ago.

I need your assistance with a DIAGNOSIS and a suggested RESOLUTION for this ISSUE.

Thanks.

-- Matt

Best Answers

• Answer ✓
    Hi Matt,

Could you please post TrueUpdate log file from "%Temp%\Image-Pro x64 Updates" and the patch's file name and signature's date from Downloads\Image-Pro 64-bit 10.0 Updates

Thank you,
    Nikita.
  • Answer ✓
    Hi Matt,

No worries about the log. The patch is correct one and this file should be removed after update, but for some reasons it was not removed and IP10 picks it on start. If file was locked for some reasons reboot is required to remove the file. Just delete it.

Thanks,
    Nikita.
  • Answer ✓
    Hi Matt,

Correct. It should be deleted.

Thanks,
    Nikita.

Answers

• 2019-05-30-152207

Additional Information . . . .

The PROJECTS that were in the PROJECT WORKBENCH and the QUICK ACCESS TOOLBAR seem to have reverted to their BASE / DEFAULT states also.

-- Matt

• Hi Matt,

Please contact me separately and we will help diagnose and address the issue.

Pierre
  • edited May 2019
    2019-05-30-163431

Pierre --

Would there be a good time tomorrow (FRI) AM for a phone call or a WEBEX?

Nikita --

My

C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp

folder does not contain an IMAGE-PRO X64 UPDATES folder.  Someone did not put something important in a folder named TEMP did they?  I tend to delete the stuff in the TEMP FOLDERS and the RECENT ITEMS FOLDERS but I did not do that this afternoon between the Image-Pro sessions.

I believe the SIGNATURE DATE you are asking for is

10-APR-2019

I have screen captured some of the the SIGNATURE INFO.

Holler if there is anything else I can provide.

Thanks.

-- Matt

• 2019-05-31-102715

Nikita --

If I understand correctly, you are saying that I should delete the

"C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\Image-Pro 64-bit 10.0 Updates\Image-Pro 10.0.4.exe"

file.

According to the security settings on this file, I should be able to perform this.

Please confirm.

I don't want to mangle my IMAGE-PRO INSTALLATION.

Thanks.

-- Matt

• 2019-05-31-110106

Nikita --

I have deleted

"C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\Image-Pro 64-bit 10.0 Updates\Image-Pro 10.0.4.exe"

An IMAGE-PRO starts normally now.

When I do a

HELP + CHECK FOR UPDATES

I get the message below.

It looks like everything is back in balance.

Thanks.

-- Matt