Home Image-Pro Automation (Macros, Apps, Reports)
Options

Pitch Line tool and calibrated measurements

I have been trying to use the Pitch Line tool from the Measurement: Direct tab.  The measurement type is set to report both Length (Uncalibrated) and Length.  When I open an image and apply a calibration, then use the tool, the pixel values are reported under Length(Uncalibrated), but no calibrated values are reported under the Length column (just zeros). Am I using this tool correctly?  I am using Image-Pro Premier v9.3.3

Thanks,

John

Answers

• Options
    edited June 2019
    2019-06-25-150957

John --

I opened up IMAGE-PRO 10.0.4 and and EXAMPLE IMAGE.

I performed a SPATIAL CALIBRATION as shown.

I selected LINE LENGTH and LINE LENGTH UNCALIBRATED as shown.

I activated the PITCH LINE TOOL and created a PITCH LINE FEATURE SET as shown.

Everything seemed to work properly for me.

Can you provide a similar SCREEN CAPTURE that illustrates the issue that you are experiencing?

I hope this information is helpful.

-- Matt
  • Options
    John,

It could be an issue with your spatial calibration, so it has very large PixelSize and the length is rounded up to 0. Please check it.

Yuri
  • Options

Thank you all for your responses.  Yuri-the calibration is 897 pixels per millimeter.  Here is a screenshot that demonstrates my dilemma.  You can see at the bottom of the image, that a calibration has been applied.  Note in the Measurement Table that the Length(mm) column is 0.00000.   If I measure the image without first applying a calibration, I get the same thing (which is what I would expect); but if I retroactively apply the calibration (after the measurements are made), the correct values magically appear in the Length(mm) column.