Home Image-Pro Automation (Macros, Apps, Reports)

Keyword is not valid as an identifer - Module 'new designer.vb' line2, character0

Dear all,

I'm new to macro writing (in ImagePro)  and creating apps and keep getting the error message mentioned in the title. I've started a new macro several times, but after a while this message always comes up. What am I doing wrong? Is there any in-depth tutorial on how to get started in ImagePro Apps (This video was helpful, but more detailed info would be useful: https://mediacy.wistia.com/medias/vtkmwcwr4b)

Thanks for your help!
Henri

These are the first 3 lines of the code:
<Global.Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.DesignerGenerated()> _
Partial Public Class New
    Inherits MediaCy.Addins.Scripting.AppHostControl

Comments

• Hi Henri,

You should not get such errors creating apps. It looks like something gets corrupted in the app code.
    Try to use one of the existing apps (e.g. from App Center) or create a new app to check if you have such errors.

What version of Image-Pro do you have?

Yuri

• Thanks, Yuri.

Using Apps (like Live-Dead or Parent-Child) work without any issues.
    This issue seems to occur when I am recording a macro for an App. Afterwards designer mode is not available for my macros anymore and I cant load new or old macros into the app.

I am using Celleste 5 build 6912, I'm not sure which version of Image-Pro this would be.

Thanks for your help!
  • edited March 2020
    Hi Henri,

Macros and app should be in different files. Macros, by default, are recorded into Module1.vb and the app code should be in App1.vb. So, please check that the recorded macro goes to Module1.vb, also you should not copy/paste macros from Module1 to App1, just call them from App1 using Module1.MyMacro syntax.

If you follow these rules, but still have the problem, please send us a sequence of steps that leads to this problem and we will investigate the issue.

Regards,

Yuri
  • Hi Yuri,

I think I found the issue. If I tick 'recording target' when creating a new project, I've not been able to reproduce this. I assume whatever my default recording target was, had been corrupted.

Fingers crossed, and thanks for your support.