Home Image-Pro General Discussions
Options

Measurement of Dynamic Contact Angle

I want to measure the dynamic contact angles of the liquid bridge formed between two substrates. Here my base moves in the vertical direction. Can I find the contour first maybe and get the tangential angle from the base to any point on the contour? What should be my approach? The video has a high number of framerates and a final expectation would be a table of four different angles throughout the video frames. Thanks in advance 

Answers

• Options
    2019-07-23-161156

GREESHMA --

It looks like you have an interesting problem and the EXAMPLE IMAGE that you have provided is very valuable.

Can you also provide a couple of images that do not have any annotations and that illustrate the two significantly different time points with significantly different sets of angles?

Thanks.

-- Matt

• Options
    Sure. Here they are
    1)
    2)3)3)
  • Options
    2019-07-23-204926

GREESHMA--

Super.

I will not be able to work with this until tomorrow (WED) PM but I have a couple of ideas.

I will respond fully tomorrow (WED).

Thanks.

-- Matt

• Options
    2019-08-05-165801

Sorry.

I lost track of this project.

I will try to work on it tomorrow (TUE).

-- Matt

• Options
    2019-08-06-154946

GREESHMA --

I have worked with one of the EXAMPLE IMAGES that you provided and generated a PROOF OF CONCEPT document will illustrates one way to tackle your challenge.

One of the pages from the document is shown below.

As the last page of the document states, the steps in the procedure can all be automated so that the CONTACT ANGLES you want to measure can be measured automatically.

I hope this information is helpful.

-- Matt

• Options
    2019-08-15-082824

GREESHMA --

I hope you found this information helpful.

Please let me know if I can assist further.

Thanks.

-- Matt

• Options
    Hello Matt, this is almost a year since you replied to this question. I hope you would be able to recollect the challenge. First, thank you for providing the solution to earlier sender I am also working on the same challenge and found your solution. I want to find all four angles and I am stuck to get DD as per your PowerPoint. I would be really grateful If you could help me with the steps to achieve DD image.
  • Options
    2020-06-22-160920

Palak Jain --

In the PDF FILE, please see PAGE 2 (as shown in 1st image below).

When BB is a MASK of the OBJECT in AA and CC is a MASK of the SAMPLE GRID LINES, then DD is BB "ANDed" with CC.  This can be done as shown in 2nd image below.  Set up IMAGE-PRO in the manner shown, press NEW (see green arrow) and the result will be DD.

The COUNTED OBJECTS in DD say they were in the CONTACT SECTION.  This could have happened with an ROI or with a FILTER that excluded objects longer than those found in the CONTACT SECTION.

I hope this information is helpful.

-- Matt

PAGE 2
    of PDF

IMAGE-PRO 10 preparing to perform the AND operation
    on images BB and CC to create DD