Home Image-Pro Automation (Macros, Apps, Reports)

Regarding Neuron phenotype analysis

Hi,
   Can anyone help me to figure out how analyze the neuron blebbing by using image pro software automatically?  

Best Answers

• Answer ✓
    Image-Pro doesn't have a single dedicated tool to analyze neuron blebbing, but it has multiple tools that can be used to build a workflow (macro) for neuron analysis (segmentation, thinning, end-points and nodes detection, count, length and area measurements), so the whole neuron analysis can be implemented as a sequence of steps defined by the user with final generation of measurement parameters.

Yuri 
  • Answer ✓
    YuriG said:
    Image-Pro doesn't have a single dedicated tool to analyze neuron blebbing, but it has multiple tools that can be used to build a workflow (macro) for neuron analysis (segmentation, thinning, end-points and nodes detection, count, length and area measurements), so the whole neuron analysis can be implemented as a sequence of steps defined by the user with final generation of measurement parameters.

Yuri 
    But I am new user and not sure how to make macro. Can you guide me how to make it work ? I highly appreciate.
    Thank you  

Answers

• YuriG said:

Yuri 
    Hi Yuri, Thank you so much. it's help full. 
  • Neuron analysis may mean different things depending on the nature of your images and what information you want to extract.
    I will show how to do neurite length measurements. You can do it by segmenting neurons using Smart segmentation and Count with Vectorize option. The neurites will be automatically skeletonized and their total length is displayed as Length (sum):

Yuri