Home Image-Pro General Discussions

cluster analysis

I have been able to count cells, but is there a way to have the distances measured from cell to cell to see how they cluster? I have tried the measure tools, by choosing all objects, but this seems to choose one reference cell and measure distance from that cell to the other cells. I would like to be able to measure the distance between all of the cells.

Best Answer

• Answer ✓
    Please check the Voronoi map, it will provide minimum distance to the neighbor for any object.

Yuri

Answers

• Fantastic
  • Can I do this with image pro premier-version 10?
  • The images will make a Voronoi map, but it does not provide the measures. Is there something that can be limiting the measures in the range field?
  • edited April 2022
    Did you select Measure: Minimum Distance? Also make sure that Diameter, Mean is in your measurements list. 
    Send a screenshot if it will not help.

Yuri

• Ahhh,, never mind. I made a mask of the image, it seemed to find them better, then I noticed that there are two data sets, image and measurement tabs..
  • I can get this to make a Vononoi 
  • But it doesn't seem to show length. The data measures are what I had in my range field
  • Did you select Measure: Minimum Distance? Also make sure that Diameter, Mean is in your measurements list. 
    Send a screenshot if it will not help.
    Hi I tried this, I can get diameter mean, and minimum distance, but it seems to be averaged and does not show every point...am I using the right measurement tool?
  • You are setting measurement types for Data Collector (review tab), which is not what you need.
    Use the Types button on the Count/Size tab and check the Measurements data table.

Yuri