Home Image-Pro General Discussions

Capture has Become Home - Cameras Operational, but Image Pro Cannot Take Images

Hello,

We purchased Image Pro v10 in January of this year and upgraded our dongle's license. However, unbeknownst to me, the dongle was a not-for-resale dongle that seems to have been upgraded more than once already. This caused our Image Pro software to display a ticking down number of days that we had until our license would expire. After it expired, I attempted to get in contact with the company that had sold us the camera and the v10 license with it, and soon after that the "Capture" ribbon became "Home."

As far as I understand, that implies that our version of Image Pro has lost its Capture module somehow. It is no longer displaying the counting-down number of days or mentioning that our license will/has expired, but at this point I would rather have an annoying message than loss-of-function.

Our cameras have separate imaging software that is still functional for both of them, but Image Pro has features that their programs lack. Both the cameras are fully operational within their own software. I have also tried using the unlocking code again to re-activate Image Pro, but that has failed as well.

Is there anything I can do to resolve this situation and get back my Capture ribbon? I've tried to call MediaCy at both their numbers and they both quickly went to voicemail.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can offer a solution.

Answers

• 2022-07-06-111547

InPolCameraDesk --

If you are a MEDIA CYBERNETICS DEALER, then you should have a NOT FOR RESALE DONGLE.

If you are a MEDIA CYBERNETICS CUSTOMER then you should have a NORMAL DONGLE, a NETWORK DONGLE, or a SOFTWARE KEY.

IMAGE-PRO does not come with the CAPTURE MODULE that shows the CAPTURE RIBBON and communicates with CAMERAS and FRAME GRABBERS.

The CAPTURE MODULE is

Capture Module for Image-Pro Platform -- Inventory Code: 300-001 -- Price:  $1,260.00

and is ordered as an additional item.

The CAPTURE MODULE is $0 if you are upgrading from an IMAGE-PRO PLUS with CAMERA SUPPORT.

Your IMAGE-PRO DEALER should be able to resolve both of these issues for you.

I hope this information is helpful.

Contact me if you need further assistance.

-- Matt

• We are a customer. I do not know how we got the Not For Resale dongle. It is at least five years old, maybe much more. Certain circumstances make it unlikely that we have the documentation as to how exactly we acquired it. We purchased an Image Pro v10 license (the purple box) containing a new serial number and unlocking code from Nuhsbaum as our dealer to upgrade from Image Pro v10. We did purchase the Capture module; for the previous six months, our capture module has been functioning perfectly well. It was only on Tuesday the 5th of July that I discovered it had become the Home ribbon.

We are currently working with Nuhsbaum, but we are reaching out in every possible direction for as swift a resolution as possible.

Is it possible that our Capture ribbon has been moved or deleted? Where would I go in the software to get it back?
  • 2022-07-06-134007

InPolCameraDesk --

I have not experienced the disappearing CAPTURE RIBBON ISSUE that you have described.  Since the IMAGE-PRO CAPTURE RIBBON is dependent on the proper installation and configuration (licensing) of the CAPTURE MODULE, it is possible that several things might be the issue.

MEDIA CY TECH SUPPORT should be able to help you resolve this issue.

Working with NUHSBAUM to resolve the DONGLE ISSUE is probably the best place to start so that a license for you as a CUSTOMER can be properly set up.

I am a consultant that works with IMAGE-PRO and does custom application development so there is a lot in the licensing of IMAGE-PRO that I have seen from the customer view but not the technical view.

I hope this information is helpful.

-- Matt

• InPolCameraDesk,

This kind of issues should be handled by Tech Support, as Matt mentioned. Please send an email to support@mediacy.com with detailed information and they will help you.

Yuri