Home Image-Pro Automation (Macros, Apps, Reports)
Options

Analysis of skin

Hi,
 I would like to ask for some advice about analysis of face, I would like to analyse wrinkles spots, pores, texture of skin etc. Thank You for any advice

Ilona

Answers

• Options
    Hi Ilona,

Sorry for the delay with response, I will try to answer your question.

Image-Pro has all the tools to analyze skin and cosmetics in general, it can measure pores, wrinkles, skin color and texture. The issue is that it's not wrapped into a dedicated app, so user has to do steps manually or record simple macros to do the analysis. For example, to measure pores you can just run one of edge filters (Sobel or Top-Hat plus) and count bright objects.
    So, some experience in image processing is required to follow all the workflows.

If you have some specific questions how to perform certain analysis, please post it here and we will try to answer them.

Best regards,

Yuri
  • Options
    Hi Yuri,

I know this is an old thread so apologies if this is poor etiquette but I'd really like to know the steps to perform wrinkle analysis. I know the software is capable but as someone who is new to image analysis, it's quite hard to know where to start.

Kind regards,
    Rob 
  • Options
    Hi Rob,

Wrinkles can be detected by Edge filters. Image-Pro has a number of those. You can start with Edge-Minus and then look at the filters in Edge group. The size and parameters of the filters depends on the image resolution and illumination parameters.

After applying the filter you can use Count/Size operations to measure wrinkles: count, area, percent area, intensity, length (with Vectorization option).

Yuri
  • Options
    Thank you so much for your quick reply that gives me something to get my teeth into. :)